1. Deed copy - Search includes an official
copy of the most recent deed, with county recording stamp and date.
2. Legal description - Full property legal description, typically
in "Schedule A" format.
3. Mortgage search - Mortgage abstract will list open mortgages
with mortgage lender information, amounts of mortgages, and dates. Listed in
order of apparent priority (first mortage, second mortgage, etc.)
4. Equity loan search - Report of equity loans (HELOC's) and credit
lines against the property.
5. Tax payment search - Detail of tax assessor account, with
amounts and dates of payments, and delinquent payments due.
6. Foreclosure search - Report on foreclosure status, listing any
lis pendens, notice of default (NOD's), and orders to sell under
7. Bankruptcy search
8. Civil court records search - Report on civil court records found
to be recorded against the land records of the property
9. Mechanics lien search - Report of liens placed by contractors
for non-payment of services or materials at the property.
10. Judgment lien search - Judgment section for property liens as
result of financial judgments
11. Tax lien search - Title section for tax lien encumbrances
12. Municipal services lien search - Shows liens against the title
for unpaid municipal services such as utilities, water, sewer, trash or
13. Child support lien search - Searches for liens of delinquent
child support payments.
14. Treasury lien search - Liens for unpaid US Treasury / IRS tax
15. County name index search - All owners names are run against the
county name index for hits on records recorded for the property.
16. State tax search - Checks for unpaid sales tax, employment
taxes, state licenses, and other state-level delinquencies.
17. Property zoning.
18. Property easement search - Shows easements, right-of-ways, and
other property allowances for the owners name.
19. Title abstract document - An official abstract document is
provided, not just a deed report.
20. Default notice search - Lists default notices recorded for the
21. Spousal support lien search - Encumbrances for delinquencies of
spousal support, alimony, or other court required payments.
22. Tax assessor report
23. Ownership structure - Report on the listed ownership structure,
joint tenants, individual, corporate, tenants in common, etc.
24. Municipal assessed value.
25. Plat/survey map - Copy of the official county survey, if
26. Voluntary liens
27. Flood zone status.
28. Block & lot
29. Property APN number
30. Document book & page - Written location of the historical
documents, showing book and page or document number.
31. Mortgage modification - Many mortgages are being
modified by lenders in the current market. The latest recorded modification
32. Bail bond lien - Properties are often used as collateral for
bail bonds, for people other than the property owner. These liens are often
overlooked by inexperienced title abstractors.
33. Levy on property
34. Power of attorney - This will show if the property owner has
recorded an authorized party to act on their behalf with regard to property
35. Property restrictions
36. Special assessment - Subdivisions and condo associations place
these to cover expenses, often as a result of foreclosures in the
37. Release of lien - It is important to check liens to see if any
have subsequently been released.
38. Partnership agreement
39. Notice of commencement
40. Promissary note - Personal loans against the property owner are
sometimes recorded against the property.
41. Trust agreement
42. UCC filing - Business debts and coop financing can end up as
UCC claims in the property records.
43. Subordination agreement - Loan priority can be changed through
subordination, to help accomplish a refinance.
44. Leases - Recorded leases can affect the ownership and use of a
45. Option to purchase - This will show if the owner has recorded a
purchase option issued to another party.
46. Corrective deed - In the event an error existed on a prior
deed, a corrective deed can be used to rectify the error
47. Right of way - A right of way may have been issued to allow use
by another party
48. Waiver of rights
49. Bond for title
50. Affidavit - The property owner may have provided assurances to
All records are as of the current date, for the current
owner. We do not use outdated, historical, or archived records, only the
current ownership and lien records direct from official municipal record